Spine Surgeon in Ahmedabad
Dr. Tarak Patel is one of the leading Spine Surgeons in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. He has completed MBBS and M.S in Orthopaedic Surgery. Besides his training and experience of working in the United Kingdom, Dr. Tarak Patel has worked as a Spine Surgeon, with some of the premium medical facilities in India including Breach Candy Hospital and Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai, Apollo Hospital in Chennai and Ganga Hospital in Coimbatore.
- Extensive 2 years training at Breach candy hospital and Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
- Clinical spine fellowship – University hospital of Wales, United Kingdom
- Visiting fellowships at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore and Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Special Training in Scoliosis and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spine surgeries - Spinal deformity corrections, spinal tumour reconstructions, surgery for spinal infections, reconstructive surgery for osteoporotic fractures, cervical spine instrumentation.
- Minimal access procedures - endoscopic and micro discectomy, nucleoplasty, thoracoscopy , vertebroplasty.
- Contemporary surgeries - Disc replacement surgery, growing rod surgeries including rib expansion, and computer navigated spine surgery
- Paediatric spinal surgery - scoliosis correction, early onset spinal deformity correction in infants, surgeries for congenital atlanto-axial subluxations, varied forms of childhood spinal TB and congenital scoliosis
- Sports injuries of the spine
Seminars & Workshop
- Participated cadaveric workshop on ‘Cervical Spine Fixation' march 2009, Mumbai
- Attended Annual Conference Of Spine Surgeon's Association of Gujarat January 2009
- Participated in cadaver workshop on ‘Lumbar Pedicular Screw Fixation'
- Attended Workshop on Medical Statistics held at P D Hinduja Hospital Mumbai, May 2009
Awards & Honors
- Stood First in NHL medical college in the M.S. Orthopaedics exam held in 2008 by Gujarat University, Gujarat, India.